Polar Technology Launches Trakref® Refrigerant Management Software
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Polar Technology Rolls Out Comprehensive & Proprietary
Refrigerant Management Tool at 2013 AHR Expo
TrakRef® allows for transparent management of refrigerant data from original production to disposition.
Dallas, TX, January 28, 2013 – Polar Technology officials announced the rollout of TrakRef®, Polar’s proprietary and comprehensive refrigerant management program. The announcement was made at a press conference prior to the start of the 2013 AHR Expo at the Dallas Convention Center.
“Ever since CFC (Chlorofluorocarbon) gases were invented, refrigerants have operated in a commodity environment. The industry produced what was demanded and supplies were readily available,” said Ted Atwood, owner & president of Polar Technology. “Then we learned that refrigerants had a negative impact on the environment. Now, the resulting regulations, among other factors, are forever changing the paradigm in which the industry operates. If those in the supply channel are going to survive and thrive, they are going to have to collectively deal with new realities of how to keep expensive equipment operating and serviced, something we call System Uptime. This will also need to be accomplished in a world that includes changing demands, challenges in supply, compliance and reporting,” Atwood continued.
TrakRef® is designed to provide comprehensive and transparent tracking and management of refrigerants from the time of purchase, their deployment throughout maintenance cycles, their recovery and reclamation to their final destruction at the end of the life cycle. When TrakRef® is incorporated among the participating points in the supply chain, more of the original refrigerant is kept within the supply chain, ownership of the refrigerant can be accounted for and regulatory compliance is inherently managed and achieved.
“In TrakRef®, every point along the supply channel: (Virgin Production > Distribution > Installation & Recovery > Reclamation > System Ownership > Disposition) will be able to operate efficiently within their respective discipline and effectively among the disciplines, in a collaborative manner to fully manage the refrigerant throughout the lifecycle. Each discipline will be accountable collectively and to one another,” Atwood concluded.
TrakRef® has been deployed to select Polar Technology customers since June 2012 and is tied into Polar Technology’s highly efficient reclamation program. In these cases, users have been able to gain a much greater understanding of their refrigerant reclaim program and have been able to customize proprietary “clean & return” programs based on the volume of refrigerants returned. Additionally, reclamation volumes and rates have grown through increased understanding and marketing as a result of new and better data management without having to add infrastructure.
Facts about TrakRef®:
- TrakRef® is available in three customized versions:
- TrakRef® DV (for Distributors)
- TrakRef® CV (for Contractors & Mechanicals)
- TrakRef® SV (for System Owners)
- TrakRef® was developed from within the entire refrigerant supply channel.
- TrakRef® manages within and among all six points of refrigerant supply channel and every single molecule used throughout operating systems.
- TrakRef® transforms traditional two dimensional programs that provide only storage and access and adds a comprehensive and functional third level – transparent, relevant and reliable refrigerant-related data in real time regardless of where it is in the supply channel.
- TrakRef® provides opportunities for collaboration and strategic management throughout the distribution channel and for the formation of alliances to solve customers’ problems.
- TrakRef® provides information to understand lifetime worth of customers.
- TrakRef® creates an environment to insure System Uptime for the ultimate check-writer – the system owner.
- TrakRef® incorporates the most efficient refrigerant reclamation program in the U.S. – Polar Technology’s 95% High Yield Guarantee. This keeps more refrigerant “in play” for both asset management and environmental stewardship.
About Polar Technology
Polar Technology, founded in 1993, is a privately held company that specializes in refrigerant EPA-certified reclamation, recycling and refrigerant management. In addition, Polar Technology has developed proprietary software, TrakRef® designed from within the refrigerant distribution channel that manages and maximizes the value of the refrigerants at each point along the refrigerant supply channel. Polar Technology has operations in Tennessee, California and Puerto Rico
For more information about Polar Technology and the Trakref® products:
Ted Atwood, President & Owner firstname.lastname@example.org 909-673-0535
Walt Baker, VP- Sales & Marketing email@example.com 888-834-0233
Press release launch from AHR Expo 2013: